[asterisk-users] Using dproxy to solve "no DNS hangs everything"problem?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Jul 18 19:30:09 MST 2006

C F wrote:
> Thanks Brian for your work, I have had the same problem I installed
> dnsmasq and I *think* the problem is gone now, I'm repeating I think,
> I'll only know when the internet goes down again.

Your post inspired me to do one more little test: I removed the default
route from my Asterisk server, waited until the error messages started
streaming out of the CLI, and then called my POTS line.

YMMV, but for me it worked like a charm.

If this actually works on an ongoing basis, it will be a great relief to
me and to many of my customers.

Of course, for now that means no SRV.  For me, that's a small price to
pay :-)

B.

believed to be clean.