[asterisk-users] emulating key system - pick up so and so on line 1

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Tue Jul 18 13:28:43 MST 2006

Bill,
Our solution was to simply retrain the users to use call parking. The
company had used a key system for more then a decade and I thought the
change would be a tough one, but for the most part people have handled the
change from "Pickup line 1" to "Pickup 71". Not an exact fit I know, but
thought I would offer it since I was in your shoes and have found the
transition easier then expected.

On 7/18/06, Bill Gibbs <bgibbs at edurotech.com> wrote:

>  Is there anyway to use Polycom phones (601, 501s) to emulate a key system
> – where you can have a "shared" lines that people can pick up instead of
> using transfer?  This would make it easier for users used to putting a call
> on hold then telling another user "so and so is on line 2".  I know "shared
> line appearances" could do it but obviously that's not supported.  Any other
> suggestions?
>

> Bill

Bruce
Nortex Networks