[asterisk-users] Serveremail Setting Does Not Work for Text Messages

Robert DeVries rdlists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 13:05:53 MST 2006

The serveremail setting in voicemail.conf is supposed to change the return
address of the voicemail notifications.  I have found that it indeed does
this successfully for the first email entered (the one intended for sending
to a conventional email address), but does not do so for the second email
address (the one intended for telephone text messages.)  The result is that
the text message has some ridiculously long return address which is
apparently my full machine name.  The length of the return address then
causes some sort of overflow in my cell phone and the phone crashes.

So, does anyone know a way that I can control the return address for the
second email address?