[asterisk-users] LinkSys SPA 2002 ATA hardphone UNREACHABLE...!!!

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jul 18 04:44:04 MST 2006

voiplist wrote:
> On 7/17/06, Luki <lugosoft at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > We have 6 or 7 SPA-2000's which all work with other installs of
>> > Asterisk but can't get a single one to receive calls using Asterisk
>> > 1.2.4.
>>
>> Ha! You're right. I just got some too and didn't even think of testing
>> the ringer. Outgoing calls work fine, but incoming calls say "Call 1
>> State: Ringing" on the web interface and the call details are
>> displayed but the phone does not ring. It obviously gets the SIP
>> message that it should ring but it does not. Asterisk CLI also
>> confirms that device is ringing. Increasing the ring voltage did not
>> help either.
>>
>> Needless to say the same phone works fine with SPA 1000, 1001 and
>> Grandstream.
>>
>> Interesting... any ideas what the heck is up with that? This is
>> software version 3.1.9(LSa). I can't upgrade the software because the
>> unit thinks it's not idle and hence does not start the upgrade
>> process. Kind of disappointing.
>>
>> --Luki
>
> Not sure this is exactly the problem we have, our call gets rejected
> by the device for some odd reason. Not 100% sure at this point because
> it's been a while, I am going to do more testing in a few minutes I
> think.
>
> Can those having trouble confirm their Asterisk version? The version I
> am having issues with is 1.2.4, I have a slightly older version of
> Asterisk which rings these ATAs just fine..

Have you tried using ethereal to look at the sip packet contents?

It would be interesting to see what the packet differences are for
v1.2.4, v1.2.10, etc.

Best guess is that recent changes in sip may be constructing the packets
in slightly different ways, and the spa boxes may be sensitive to those.
If that guess is correct, not sure a sip debug would reflect the same
level of detail contained in an ethereal trace.