[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk 1.2.10 and Zaptel 1.2.7 released!

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jul 18 04:30:08 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 06:02 +1200, Matt Riddell (NZ) wrote:
> :)
>
> Which applications exist that have been disclaimed, well coded, are
> patent unencumbered and are not accepted?

res_js for example, which in my experience on a more or less fair
comparison (the javascript dialplan has more error control, better error
checking, and slightly more functionality but other than that it does
the same stuff) uses LESS ram and LESS cpu on the same hardware with the
same asterisk version when compared to extensions.conf dialplan
processing.

That is just one example of something that could easily be placed in
asterisk-addons, was disclaimed, and wasnt wanted.  It has no patent and
the license for the code it uses is mozilla spidermonkey which depends
on the nspr stuff, both of which are tri-licensed - gpl,lgpl and mpl
(more like BSD).

There are more examples, but this is one that doesnt break.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!