[asterisk-users] LinkSys SPA 2002 ATA hardphone UNREACHABLE...!!!

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 21:18:01 MST 2006

> We have 6 or 7 SPA-2000's which all work with other installs of
> Asterisk but can't get a single one to receive calls using Asterisk
> 1.2.4.

Ha! You're right. I just got some too and didn't even think of testing
the ringer. Outgoing calls work fine, but incoming calls say "Call 1
State: Ringing" on the web interface and the call details are
displayed but the phone does not ring. It obviously gets the SIP
message that it should ring but it does not. Asterisk CLI also
confirms that device is ringing. Increasing the ring voltage did not
help either.

Needless to say the same phone works fine with SPA 1000, 1001 and Grandstream.

Interesting... any ideas what the heck is up with that? This is
software version 3.1.9(LSa). I can't upgrade the software because the
unit thinks it's not idle and hence does not start the upgrade
process. Kind of disappointing.

--Luki