[asterisk-users] an ATA with lamp support

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jul 17 19:16:30 MST 2006

Brian Vincent (C) wrote:
> Anyone know of an ATA that supports lamping the message waiting lamp on
> a phone?  We did an install with a bunch of Sipura 2002’s.  According to
> the product info they have message waiting indicator support and I took
> that to mean lamp support.  Nope – stutter tone only.

The spa3k does support the message waiting lamp and has since v2 code.
Since the same basic source is used for the spa3k and the 20002, I've
have to guess the support is there. The stutter tone is controlled via a
configuration option. I'm away from the office so can't tell you exactly
what parameter, but its there.