[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.2.9.1 and spandsp and rxfax

Rob Ristroph rgr at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jul 17 16:26:29 MST 2006

Hi,
        I have installed 1.2.9.1 on CentOS 4.3 successfully.  I tried
        to install spandsp and app_rxfax.c and app_txfax.c and it
        crashes when it gets to the RxFax application.

        The spandsp-0.0.3 versions didn't work, because I could not
        find a version of app_rxfax.c and app_txfax.c that would
        compile with them.  I had to use spandsp-0.0.2pre26.  That
        compiled ok, and "show applications rxfax" works, but asterisk
        crashes completely when it gets to the RxFax application.
        There is no information at the *CLI> prompt or the
        /var/log/asterisk/full other than it is entering the RxFax
        application.  I checked by doing "ldd
        /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_rxfax.so" that I had the
        ldconfig stuff set up correctly so it could find the spandsp
        library.

        I am about to give up on this version of asterisk, and start
        trying older ones till I find one that works, but I thought I
        would ask for advice here first.

--Rob

--
http://rgr.freeshell.org/