[asterisk-users] Passing Variables with IAX

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:49:49 MST 2006

We have had success with sending data in the dialstring. I know this
isn't optimal at all, but it has worked flawlessly for us for the last
two years.

We just send the data (star-delimited) in the dial string and parse it
out in an AGI script on the other end where you can assign it to a
variable if you like. Here's and example of one dial string we used
today over IAX:
7275551212*TESTCAMP*12345*JOHN STEWART*CUSTOMER SERVICE*54321

You can use alpha-numeric and as long as you match by a wildcard and
parse through an AGI on the other end it all works out well.

As for true and proper variables in IAX streams, that would be a very
nice feature.

MATT---