[asterisk-users] Snom 300 headset with static noise

Adrià Vidal adriavidal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:33:10 MST 2006

2006/7/17, Christian Stredicke <Christian.Stredicke at snom.de>:

>  There is a difference in the biasing circuit for the microphones in the
> headsets. Unfortunately there is no standard on the market. The snom phones
> 190/320/360 (let's say: type A) behave different than snom 300 (type B). So
> there is always the need to have different headsets or different cables
> (Quick Disconnect). Some headsets are just working with one type (those with
> extra amplifier) and other devices seem to work in both environments, but
> that's not really true. The headsets are always working much better with
> just one type. So if someone has a headset designed for type A, he'll have a
> bad quality while connecting it to type B phones although he is able to here
> something.
>

> Don't forget to have a connection to an earth-signal (e. g. shielded
> Ethernet cable to PC/switch or earth-grounded power supply).
>

> Hope this helps, CS

We are using the Snom 300 with Snom HS MM headsets,(yes the switch and cable
are ground-signaled) all bought together. We are testing it for a call
center (100 seats) deploy and as i said first we are very disappointed with
the performace of them. Going to RMA them and get some Linksys 841.

The old product from Snom (360) runned headsed really well.