[asterisk-users] Queue Penalty

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Mon Jul 17 11:29:53 MST 2006

I have seen a few requests to allow people to ring different groups
depending on how long a queue call has been left unanswered.  I have a
suggestion on how this can be accomplished.

Suppose for a moment that calls that timed out were treated the same as
calls that had come back with a busy or congestion message.  Then, when
a call has been unanswered in a queue, it will move on to the next
group.  At least this is the way I would conceptually believe it should
work.  As of my testing (on 1.2.5), this NOT the way it works.

Take for instance:

[myQ]
music = muzak
strategy = ringall
context = lemmeout
timeout = 15
weight = 0
wrapuptime = 0
announce-holdtime = once
member => SIP/007
member => SIP/008
member => SIP/009
member => SIP/107,1
member => SIP/108,1
member => SIP/109,1
member => SIP/207,2
member => SIP/208,2

What this should do is ring the first 3 extensions.  If they are busy
and/or don't answer, ring the first 6.  If they are busy/don't answer,
then go ahead and ring them all.

Has this been fixed in a later release?  Would this break any body's
application?  I'm interested to hear any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,
David