[asterisk-users] "Legacy" analog data modems and Asterisk

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Mon Jul 17 11:10:53 MST 2006

I have had mixed results with Modems the pass through Asterisk. I can
recommend a solution that will always work however. We purchased an
Atlas 550 from Adtran, It 'splits' our PRIs into T1, PRI, BRI, and or
POTS. It is NOT a trivial purchase but it is a great product. We also
use it to provide incoming call failover in case of Server failure
and/or management.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Brian
Vincent (C)
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 1:54 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: RE: [asterisk-users] "Legacy" analog data modems and Asterisk

I think an easy solution for you might be along the lines of #3 but
using something like one of these devices:

http://www.command-comm.com/products.html

The ComSwitch 3.0, 5500, and 7500 are all "exclusionary" devices.  If
you're dialing outbound through it, Asterisk won't be allowed to pick up
the line.  It sounds like you're in a small office and something like
that would work.

Brian Vincent
Copper Mountain Telecom
vincentb at coppercolorado.com