[asterisk-users] Call information on blind transfers

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Mon Jul 17 10:14:53 MST 2006

We need to bill the outbound call of a blind transfer using an AGI
program. We can do this at present by:

1. Accessing ${BLINDTRANSFER}. This does not give us the user to bill
to, as users are registered on a remote SER server, but it does give us
a channel name of the form "SIP/ser-<random characters>".

2. Use the manager API to look up the details of this channel. This
gives us the called number of the inbound call and hence the user to bill.

However, this is not very efficient. What we'd like to do is get the
called number of the inbound call directly from the AGI program without
using the manager interface.

Doing some testing, it looks like the "agi_dnid" field passed to the AGI
holds the correct value. Can anyone confirm how this field is set on
blind transferred calls?

Is there another neat way to do it?

One area we explored, and which would be a useful feature for future
versions of Asterisk, would be a way to run CLI or manager commands
directly from an AGI script without having to run system( 'asterisk -rx
...' ) or connecting to the manager interface.

--
Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,