[asterisk-users] How many users on an asterisk box behind a dsl canyou have

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Mon Jul 17 09:57:08 MST 2006

On Montag, 17. Juli 2006 6:40 ted jones wrote:

> I have been trying to read up and understand Asterisk.  I have a
> small office of 25 people growing to 50 and have a dedicated DSL for
> Asterisk

What kind of DSL? Synchronous, Async? What speed?

> and another DSL for computer use and was wondering using gsm
> primarily how many users I could put on the asterisk box on a single
> dsl.

What kind of box? E.g. 50 concurrent calls on a small VIA might be a problem. Do you plan to have the calls go through Asterisk or use it only to connect the SIP endpoints? Are you planning on monitoring/recording calls?

> Average calls is probably going to be 25-35 at any given time.

You are talking about concurrent calls?