[asterisk-users] Polycom config file location

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 05:48:24 MST 2006

Our 501's upload their configs to the server by themselves... Is this
uncommon? Seems to me that if you had no config on the server at all but
pointed the phones there anyways, they should upload their current set of
files there and then default to using that set of configs until the server
is updated.

Alex

On 7/17/06, Jerry Jones <jjones at danrj.com> wrote:

> If you at least setup your ftp server, and point the phones to it,
> they will save a copy of their contact database so that will not be
> lost.
>
> Just edit and save an entry after server is ready and it will create
> the file.
>
> No too hard to use the web browser and look at each phone to get its
> current settings and manually create a config file.
>

> On Jul 16, 2006, at 5:04 PM, Avi Miller wrote:
>
> > Stephen Murphy wrote:
> >> My question is: How do I get the current config files the phone is
> >> using off the phone?
> >
> > AFAIK, you can't. :( You can only provide new configuration files
> > from your FTP/TFTP server. However, the Polycoms do strange things
> > when they've been configured in multiple locations. You might find
> > the phone overwriting the configuration files with its original
> > configuration.
> >
> > That is not confirmed though. I've just seen my Polycoms do weird
> > stuff in the wild. :)
> >

> > --
> > National Manager - Special Projects
> >
> > < Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Hobart / London />
> >   2/340 Gore Street    T: 1 300 SQUIZ (77859)
> >   Fitzroy, VIC         T: 03 9235 5400
> >   3065                 F: 03 9235 5444
> >                        W: http://www.squiz.net/
> >
> > .....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>

Alex Robar
alex.robar at gmail.com