[asterisk-users] Re: Wrong account code from iax_buddies

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Sun Jul 16 13:20:14 MST 2006

On 16 Jul 2006, at 19:00, voiplist wrote:

> Trixbox is only used as the client to simulate what we already saw
> happening with a customer.
>
> I don't think the fact that we used a Trixbox on the client side has
> anything to do with the problem on the server side which is not using
> Trixbox.
>
> The on the server side Asterisk only sees the Trixbox as a client
> coming in under an iax_buddies record which has an accountcode
> assigned to it.
>
> The server side is taking the call, then inserting the CDR with a
> correct account code, dst, src and so on but the channel is wrong.

I still think that if you want your problem fixed, you'll
need to reduce it to a test case that an asterisk maintainer can
reproduce, without using trixbox. (or fix it yourself)

The other alternative would be to capture some IAX traces
either with ethereal or asterisk's iax2 debug of a call
where this goes wrong. This might give clues as to how
your problem happens.

If you do produce IAX traces I'd be happy to look them over
as I'm going to likely run into this problem myself in a
couple of weeks.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com