[asterisk-users] Asterisk instances on VPS

Juergen K. Zick syscon-lists at ifa.uni-kassel.de
Sun Jul 16 03:46:14 MST 2006

Hi there,

> > Don't know if it helps, but in AU you can tell the telco to place all calls
> > on 2 ISDN's at the same time.

Same in Germany at Telekom: Standard BRI (2B+D) can be grouped together
onto the same number. But, I know just applications of this with the
point-to-point form of the protocol, not point-to-multipoint ...

> > That way you could have 2 ISDN lines on 2 ISDN cards (or Spans) and all
> > calls would be presented on both ISDN services.
>
>I thought that S2M (ISDN multiplex connection) does have a bus like S0
>after th terminal adapter...
>With 2B+2 and S0 you connect up to 8 devices, so you don't need a second
>ISDN line -

But beware, you can not use more than 2 devices concurrently ...

>but what's about S2M? Isn't S2M a bus where you can connect
>more then one device?

S2M is point-to-point, no bus structure ... 30 BRI channels are packed into
one S2M packet and must be unpacked by the PRI-adapter ...

Jürgen