[asterisk-users] How to create or test tone configuration to include them in zaptel

Maxim Vexler hq4ever at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 23:48:54 MST 2006

On 7/16/06, Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know what kind of tests should I make in order to
> document tone/configuration settings for analog cards and E1 cards
> specifically for my country (Panama).
>
> For example: Australia, Venezuela, etc, they have been documented and
> included in the zaptel config.
>
> Thanks,

Hi

You can use ztmonitor from the zaptel source to record the channel data.
Later on use wavesurfer to analyze the tones.

more at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+config+indications.conf

Note that indications and zonedata.c use might share the same
information but perform different functions: zonedata.c is for the
zaptel hardware incoming calls while indications is used by asterisk
it self with the Playtones application.

> --
> Erick Perez
> Panama Sistemas
> Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
> Panama, Republica de Panama
> Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780

Cheers,
Maxim Vexler