[asterisk-users] DUNDI / regcontext

Simon Woodhead woodheads at esms.com
Sat Jul 15 14:59:27 MST 2006

Hi folks,

I've been having a go at getting DUNDI working this evening to enable
users to register to any Asterisk box and to look them up from another.
The DUNDI part works just great (very impressed), as does the subsequent
joining of calls between the two servers but I'm struggling with
regcontext and would be grateful for any input.

sip.conf includes:

[general]
regcontext=sipregistration

When a user registers, I get the "Added extension 'XXXXXX' priority 1 to
sipregistration" message. However, 'show dialplan' does not show the
extension and a DUNDI lookup does not return it. The sipregistration
context has been auto-created but is empty. If I manually create the
sipregistration context and add the NoOp extension, then everything
works as expected.

I've tried this across multiple boxes, each running different versions
right up to the latest stable but the behaviour is the same. It is also
the same with both SIP and IAX registrations and doesn't make a
difference if the peer is defined in the .conf file or Realtime. They do
all have identical configurations though so I suspect there might be
something in our setup which is conflicting.

Any input gratefully received.

All the best,
Simon