[asterisk-users] Re: Wrong account code from iax_buddies

voiplist gotvoip at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 09:24:59 MST 2006

After further testing, here is what we found..

The account code was actually right after all, what made us think it
was incorrect was the fact that * was reporting the wrong channel for
the call.

For example we may have a call from "iaxuser1" which comes in with the
correct account code but it seems that the channel that shows for the
call is something like "IAX2/user2".

In our testing we made 10 calls each to two separate IAX accounts to
two different phone numbers. We did this so we could identify the
records in the CDR with certainty.

What we found is that we would have records with the correct to and
from numbers, correct account code and so on but the channel column
was many times flat out wrong and didn't match the iax account which
to call came in on.

We set two test and I will explain both below. We have only seen this
bahavior when the IAX accounts in question are coming from the same IP
address. So for example a NAT setup with either multiple IAX
softphones, multiple Asterisk servers or one Asterisk server with
multiple IAX accounts to our server.

Test 1:

We setup two IAX softphones (Diax) behind a NAT. Each softphone had a
totally different account code in their configuration (on the server
side in iax.conf). Each phone registered using their respective
usernames/secrets..

Results (Test 1):

When calls were made each call was correctly inserted into the CDR
with the correct channel account code etc.

Test 2:

We turned off the softphones mentioned above. We then setup a test
Asterisk box with the same IAX accounts mentioned above. Each account
registered to our server remotely just as the softphones did. We then
made 10 phone calls with each account dialing totally different phone
numbers so we could identify the records from each IAX account.

Results (Test 2):

We found that the majority of calls now had wrong/mismatched channels
in the CDR. Basically we would show a channel like "IAX2/user2" for a
call that we are certain came from the IAX user "user1".

And... That's my story and I'm stickin' to it :)