[asterisk-users] PRI dropouts

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 05:26:16 MST 2006

Same here. We have over 20 T1s in 4 locations and the one location
we've always had problems with is because of Verizon's bad lines. One
big contributor to this is that outside the building, Verizon's wiring
terminal is covered not by a metal or plastic hard cover, but a
garbage bag. I kid you not. And the worst part is Verizon refuses to
put a hard cover on the terminal. We've escalated this to the highest
levels of our carriers and Verizon still refuses to replace the
garbage bag.

We have had to put our own coverings over the terminal to try to
prevent rain from getting in, but as it is now the grounding wire
connector is completely rusted through. Luckily for us this story will
soon have a happy ending as fiber from a CLEC has been run right next
to this building and we will soon be off of Verizon's junky copper
lines.

Good luck.

MATT---