[asterisk-users] PRI dropouts - solution I hope...

James Sturges thinking at 1am.com.au
Sat Jul 15 05:22:38 MST 2006

Hi, had a few ask for this so thought may be of interest to the list.

This is actually for the following setup:

Telstra ISDN30 <---------> Asterisk <---------> BP250 PABX

The ISDN10, 20, 30's are all the same physical link, but you may need to
change the bchan and dchan settings for ISDN 10 or 20.

We have had lot of issues over 12 months, including physical cable issues,
etc.  But this config has passed Telstra test equipment both on site and in
the exchange.  The calls dropping out (for us) are timing issues do to
telling Asterisk to gets it synch from the Telstra line and providing synch
to the PABX.

Anyway, Here it is, does not look like much but have had experts working on
it for a while.

The system handles 1800 - 2000 calls per day.

Thanks

James

ZAPATA.conf

[channels]

context=default

musiconhold=default

switchtype=euroisdn

usecallerid=yes

cidsignalling=v23

cidstart=polarity

hidecallerid=no

callwaiting=no

usecallingpres=yes

callwaitingcallerid=yes

threewaycalling=yes

transfer=yes

cancallforward=yes

callreturn=yes

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=yes

echotraining=800

rxgain=0.0

txgain=0.0

group=1

context=te405p-intelstra

pridialplan=local

signalling=pri_cpe

callerid=asreceived

channel=>1-15, 17-31

group=4

context=te405p-frombp250

pridialplan=local

signalling=pri_net

overlapdial=yes

callerid=asreceived

channel=>94-108, 110-124

ZAPTEL.conf

#

# Zaptel Configuration File

#

# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

bchan=1-15

dchan=16

bchan=17-31