[asterisk-users] SIP-> H323

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 06:59:04 MST 2006

I have a question. We are going to attempt mixing some SIP and H323
solutions here. The H323 is possibly going to be phased out sooner or later
but this is the first step. I have set up an Asterisk server that is also
running GnuGK so we have one machine doing both SIP and acting as a
Gatekeeper. Both are working in and of themselves but I have not tested the
proxy yet. This will probably move to separate boxes once we are out of
development. My question is this. If the SIP clients are video capable and
the H323 clients are video capable, will that be able to pass the video
between? Do the negotiation of the features interoperate? I am quite new to
this area, I understand how H323 packets negotiate but I guess I do not know
which of these steps have been put into SIP. Has anyone out there tested a
scenario like this or similar? If not does anyone have any suggestions on
how I could make this possible?

Thanks

Curt