[asterisk-users] How do you harden an Asterisk install?

Fri Jul 14 06:08:23 MST 2006

Sorry - I misread it.

Have you ever had a network card fail in a way that did not lock up
every network-bound job on the system?  I would think that it would be
unlikely that you could recover from that easily.

Yes, redundant drives with RAID-1 is good.  If those drives are
hot-swappable and the RAID is hardware-based, it is even better.

Having a dual-processor setup is also good - I know many servers that
have had a CPU die and still worked OK with only 1.

Redundant power supplies are good, but only if they are hooked up to
separate UPS's.