[asterisk-users] Wrong account code from iax_buddies

voiplist gotvoip at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:44:29 MST 2006

We have a situation where the wrong account code is being passed from
Asterisk to our AGI and then on into the accountcode field in the CDR.

Here is the situation, best I can explain it..

We have 3 user records in the iax_buddies table which all come from
the same IP address and possibly the same Asterisk server (client
side).

The accountcode field in the iax_buddies records look like this:

name          accountcode       ipaddr
user1          155                    112.223.225.114
user2          156                    112.223.225.114
user3          157                    112.223.225.114

When user1, user2 or user3 terminates a call through the * box the
account code doesn't match the accountcode assigned to that user in
iax_buddies most of the time.

As far as we can tell it only gets mixed up with iax users coming from
the same IP. We have lots of other records which show the correct
account code on every call.

We have searched around and tried for hours to understand how this is
possible. All we can come up with is that Asterisk is somehow
associating the IP with any of the users names sort of willy nilly
regardless of the IAX user the call comes in as.

Any help would be appreciated.