RE: [asterisk-users] Inc.com Names Mark Spencer of Digium to its “30 Under 30: America’s Coolest Young Entrepreneurs”

Steven asterisk at stedaniels.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 13:26:38 MST 2006

New to email as well? When starting an email with a new subject, do just
that. Click "New" or whatever in your email client, then type in a unique
descriptive subject line (not stupid crap as seen recently like "help me" or
"I'm stuck").

Do NOT simply click reply to an existing thread on a different subject. Do
NOT even click reply to an existing thread and rename the subject to
something completely different as there are little bits of code in email
headers that can track threads of email replies regardless of subject so
your thread will get buried in an existing thread hidden from the view of
people who decided to not follow that thread or keep it collapsed, also it
will annoy people watching that thread with completely off subject posts.

It is in YOUR best interests (as well as everyone else's) to not be lazy,
and take the time and effort (not much but still people can't be bothered
doing it..) to start a new subject off with a new fresh email with a
descriptive subject title.

Sorry to gripe but there seem to be more and more people doing this every
day. Stick your brains in gear people!

Steve Daniels

P.S. If any of what I type is known to be crap please educate me otherwise
in the same polite manner I use ;-)