[asterisk-users] comcast info -- somewhat offtopic

Wed Jul 12 12:01:27 MST 2006

Derek Whitten wrote:

> i just upgraded to 8M and my avg d/l speed went up to between 850KB/s - 1.05MB/s

That sounds about right.  If you are download a 1MB (MegaByte) per
second then you are at 8mbits per second.  LIne speed is always in bits
(little "b").

I use Optimum Boost (Cablevision's 2/30 service) and truly do get my 2
upstream.  I don't have anywhere to test 30mbit download with, but I
really do not need that - I just needed the 2 mbit up to support my
bittorrent (legal) habit.