[asterisk-users] 1000s of extensions in one context?

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 11:07:10 MST 2006

My working experience with 100s of extensions, usually associated to
personnel that will *not* change from my defaults is:
; Extensions
exten => 1000,1,Macro(call-sip-local,1000,SIP/1000,default) ; Operator
exten => _1XXX,1,Macro(call-sip-local,${EXTEN},SIP/${EXTEN},default)

Then,
[macro-call-sip-local]
;
; Standard extension macro:
;   ${ARG1} - Extension  (we could have used ${MACRO_EXTEN} here as well
;   ${ARG2} - Device(s) to ring
;   ${ARG3} - voicemailcontext
;
exten => s,1,Set(LANGUAGE()=en)
exten => s,n,Playback(pls-wait-connect-call)
exten => s,n,Set(LANGUAGE()=es)
exten => s,n,Dial(${ARG2},20,tT)                  ; Ring the
interface, 20 seconds maximum
exten => s,n,NoOp(${DIALSTATUS})
exten => s,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)                   ; Jump based on
status (NOANSWER,BUSY,CHANUNAVAIL,CONGESTION$

exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1}@${ARG3})               ; If
unavailable, send to voicemail w/ unavail announce
exten => s-NOANSWER,n,HangUp()

exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(b${ARG1}@${ARG3})                   ; If
busy, send to voicemail w/ busy announce
exten => s-BUSY,n,HangUp()

exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,PlayTones(congestion)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,n,Wait(2)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,n,StopPlayTones()
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,n,Voicemail(${ARG1}@${ARG3})
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,n,HangUp()

exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)                              ;
Treat anything else as no answer
;
; end;

On 7/12/06, Roger Schreiter <roger at planinternet.de> wrote:
> Dovid Bender schrieb:
> > several thousand extensions or several extensions called 1000 ?
>

> Several thousend extensions.
>

> exten => 497111234,1,goto(...)
> exten => 497111235X,1,goto(...)
> exten => 497111236XX,1,goto(...)
> exten => 497111237,1,goto(...)
>

> Several thousend extensions of maybe different length.
> For overlap dialing to operate correct (and no need to
> wait for timeouts) I would like to put the whole dial
> plan into the file extensions.conf.
>
> Before starting, I would like to know, whether there are
> experiences with such long dialplans.
>

> Roger.

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780