[asterisk-users] Email notification of voicemail

VoIP Street list at voipstreet.com
Wed Jul 12 10:00:39 MST 2006

Kevin Savoy wrote:
> Asterisk is trying to send an email to users when they receive a
> voicemail. Can this be shut off? I have not entered any email addresses
> in voicemail.conf so it tries to send to firstname.lastname at blahblah.com
> <mailto:firstname.lastname at blahblah.com>. This of course gets rejected
> since the user does not exist and the root users mailbox on linux gets
> full of these rejection notices. I can’t seem to find anywhere to tell
> Asterisk to stop notifying people they have voicemails.
>

> I’m using 1.2.9.1 of Asterisk. Thanks
>

> _____________________
>

> **Kevin Savoy**
>
> **Business Unit Telecom Analyst**
>
> 2218 4th Ave W
>
> Williston, ND 58801
>
> Ph: 701-774-4023
>
> Fax: 701-774-2901
>
> http://www.novo1.com
>
> Novo 1 is a service mark of Novo 1, Inc

You could try commenting out:

attach=yes

Also, if you don't want any emails sent ever for any voice mail users
you could probably uncomment the following line and give it a bogus path
to the mailer.

;mailcmd=/usr/sbin/sendmail -t

There is probably a better way to do this but we have never needed to
turn it off so I am not sure.

Hope this helps.

--
VoIP Street
Origination/Termination with SUPERIOR customer service!