[asterisk-users] Polycom, TFTP, and DHCP

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Wed Jul 12 07:25:03 MST 2006

Michael,

Maybe I am not understanding your question, are you saying that when you
configure your phone with a static IP address, you cannot find the boot
server and when in DHCP you can? If you are having problems with the
phone having a static IP address, make sure it is getting the correct
IP, subnet, gateway and DNS. If your DNS is incorrect for example, you
won't be able to find the server you entered, since there will be
nothing to point the phone where to go.

If you are talking about the actual boot server location, that needs to
be static as far as I know. It isn't like DHCP addressing where it gets
the DNS information from the host. It's a parameter that needs to be
set. If your TFTP server is changing IPs I would strongly suggest giving
it a static IP. It will make your life a lot easier.

Kevin