[asterisk-users] waitexten only provides one digit in chan_zap

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Wed Jul 12 06:29:09 MST 2006

Hi,

I want to implement a lookup for valid extensions
using agi.

Thus I want chan_zap to accept some digits,

then check via agi if the number is complete,
run waitexten if necessary and check again ...

Unfortunately waitexten only accepts one digit, regardless
how may key strokes I did on my phone set.
Even if I jump back in the dialplan, for asterisk passes
again at the waitexten command, no more digits are
accepted.

Is waitexten no the right command to execute with chan_zap,
an E1 line and overlap dialling?

Is there something similar to misdn's waitfordigits,
which I could use together with chan_zap?

Roger.