[asterisk-users] IVR with LDAP query for phone number and mobile number??

BerkHolz, Steven StevenBerkHolz at TESCOGroup.com
Wed Jul 12 04:46:45 MST 2006

We still have a lot of users on a legacy PBX, so the Directory app is
not sufficient.
We also have users with mobile phones.

Has anyone made an LDAP lookup that will pull this info from MS Active
Directory?

My thinking is to add this function to my main IVR.
As long as my AD is accurate, it should contain all my info.
Replace the current directory app in my main IVR with this function.
When someone presses 9 in my IVR, do a lookup to AD with all of the
possible number combinations. ex. 222 is aaa aab aac aba abb
abc, etc.
I am not sure how I would do the desk phone vs. mobile phone number
options.
Submit the accepted number to the dialplan so that 4 local digit
extensions dial local, 4 digit legacy extensions dial out that PRI
and mobiles dial out to PSTN or GSM gateway.

Anyway, I haven't fully thought it through, but I figured I would ask if
anyone else had done this yet.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org