[asterisk-users] Server redundancy

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Tue Jul 11 13:38:13 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 14:34 -0400, Mike Lynchfield wrote:
> #3b.. we need multiple listening addies.. since asterisk can only
> listen to one ip its sucks for now

Incorrect.

Asterisk most definitely listens on multiple interfaces.  We've got
several asterisk boxes that are multi-homed... one public and one
private interface, so that we can have external phones and internal
phones.  Works fine.

I'm thinking this is a misconception.  We even have heartbeat set up to
switch ip's around.  The server actually listens on the fly to the new
ip address that comes up under it.

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician