[asterisk-users] Certain fax types cause problems

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Jul 11 03:53:25 MST 2006

Steve Davies wrote:
> Feedback on my testing here.
> documented, and tried both Hylafax and efax. Both seemed to drop out
> on any fax larger than 3 pages.

I frequently receive 50+ pages.

> asterisk can control where the fax is saved, and what is done to it
> based on the call that occurred (eg. CLID and dialled number)

This is all controlled via the FaxDispatch script.  Works very well.

> Also, Hylafax is BIG, especially by the time ghostscript and its
> prerequisites are installed...

True.
>> > Any pointers on how to diagnose or improve this would be appreciated.
>> >
>> Install HylaFAX and iaxmodem on your Asterisk box.

I would suggest that you post your questions to the HylaFAX mailing
list, Lee is very responsive.

> iaxmodem does use an updated version of spandsp - perhaps that is the
> source of my problems in this particular case. What I would LOVE is a
> version of app_rxfax that works with spandsp-0.0.3 and asterisk 1.0.x

Steve Underwood has stated that version 0.0.3 is for developers only (At
this time).

--

Ben Franklin quote: