[asterisk-users] Dialing timeouts

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Jul 10 23:57:13 MST 2006

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Dan Elder wrote:
>> Hey All, probably missing something really obvious here, but when our
>> users
>> are trying to dial the phone, asterisk timesout really quickly if they
>> don't
>> press the digits fast enough. Is there a global timeout value for dialing
>>

> See:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+DigitTimeout
>
> And
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+ResponseTimeout

These two apps are only for IVR stuff.

The timeouts for dialing a call are normally handled by the device.
i.e. the SIP phone or ATA, or the zaptel code.

For Zaptel see this:

/path/to/src/asterisk/channels/chan_zap.c:

/*! \brief Wait up to 16 seconds for first digit (FXO logic) */
/* static int firstdigittimeout = 16000; */
static int firstdigittimeout = 20000;

/*! \brief How long to wait for following digits (FXO logic) */
/* static int gendigittimeout = 8000; */
static int gendigittimeout = 20000;

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.