[asterisk-users] Choppy MOH (Cisco gateway)

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 17:49:56 MST 2006

My service provider had issue with his Cisco hardware when it came to MoH.
They were new with Asterisk at that time. I told them many times that they
had problem in their system, but they never agreed, until one day when one
of their engineers figured out that the Cisco hardware was compressing the
MoH data to conserve bandwidth, causing choppy MoH. That was some simple
feature which he switched off and I didn't have MoH problem after that. I am
not a Cisco expert, but those who are, may know what I am talking about.

Zeeshan A Zakaria