[asterisk-users] zap and fax

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Jul 9 09:13:51 MST 2006

Giedrius Augys wrote:
> Hi,
>  My situation is : I need to send fax from sip  device attached  fax
> over zap channel. Using G711, fax send ok, but is it posible to use
> t.38 protocol. Maybe someone can suggest me what software to use?
You want to go to the spandsp site and read all the challenges.

We are starting to see T.38 like in the grandstream ATAs.  But T.38 can
be as problematic as T.30 over RTP.

If you are on a local LAN SIP to Asterisk out works (supposedly), but
Asterisk to SIP is iffy; a timing problem.

Oh, and check out Asterfax.