[asterisk-users] Mutiple Homes one asterisk box

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Mon Jul 10 12:27:11 MST 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Andrew Niemantsverdriet wrote:

> Is that the standard way of doing things? I found a bunch of asterisk
> hosting providers in my search on the best way to do this. Is this
> what they are doing?

Yes,l I think that's what contexts are for...  I am also relatively new
at this, and experimenting using the contexts for separate locations
and separate users. This works although it takes a moment to understand
it.

You can also use separate prepaid accounts for the VOIP long distance
calls...

I don't really see that "separate trunking" is needed in you case,
although I admit I a not clear on what he means by this...  Since you
have such a small amount of traffic I don't see it as a big deal...

Marty