[asterisk-users] Memory leak res_perl

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 10 02:18:51 MST 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 10:59:20AM +0200, Arjan Kroon wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using res_perl with asterisk 1.0.0. And after running asterisk a
> couply of months, I see that the process asterisk take a lot on memory.
>
> And asterisk will freeze.
>
> If I look in the logging I see that the last command asterisk perfomed
> is a call to a perl program.
>
> So I think that there is a memory link in res_perl.
>
> Does anybody know if this is the case and maybe knows a sollution to
> this problem?

Note that since Asterisk 1.0.0 many leaks in asterisk itself have been
fixed. Asterisk has a build-time option of memory allocations debugging,
which may help to trace a leak inside asterisk code.

Do try to upgrade to latest stable, or maybe at least to 1.0.11.1 .

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com