[asterisk-users] Re: What's the story with X10*P FXO cards?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sun Jul 9 23:53:37 MST 2006

On Jul 9, 2006, at 11:44 PM, Rich Adamson wrote:

> Martin Joseph wrote:
>> On Jul 9, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Vincent Delporte wrote:
>> <snip>
>> Thanks for the info. This little experiment is getting expensive ;-)
>> <snip>
>
> Rumor has it that Digium will be announcing some new cards in the near
> future that should also help address the space for small numbers of
> analog pstn lines. Unknown as to what the current status happens to
> be.

PCI card aren't an option for me, as I am using OSX as my Asterisk
platform,  so that doesn't work.  I am still keeping my eyes open for
additional devices that might work as an FXO or 2, and have the desired
characteristics.  The Echo can in the Wellgate 3701a is clearly much
better then the Grandstream one,  but it still takes some number of
seconds to train at the beginning of calls, which is kind of funky.

Thanks for the info Rich.
Marty