[asterisk-users] Re: What's the story with X10*P FXO cards?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sun Jul 9 23:00:12 MST 2006

On Jul 9, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Vincent Delporte wrote:
<snip>
Thanks for the info. This little experiment is getting expensive ;-)

LOL!  I know that feeling... I actually thought I would save money with
VOIP, what a joke!  Actually I am happy with my setup,  but spent an
intial $75(us) thinking the HT-488 would provide an FXO for my PSTN
connection, only to find it doesn't work well enough to actually use
for that.

I then spent an additional $200(us) for the Wellgate 3701a (1FXS+1FXO)
which, although horribly documented is a HUGE improvement over the
Grandstream garbage (HT-488).

So yeah,  it gets expensive quickly.  It's annoying that so many of the
products are marginal or straight up garbage,  but I guess we are still
in the infancy of the standards based VOIP business, and many of the
products are in search of a firmware update, or a decent manual.

Oh well, More work for the stubborn techo-maniacs who refuse to give
up(like me).