[Asterisk-Users] Do you need a licence to connect a Ciscohardphone to Asterisk ?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sun Jul 9 11:59:09 MST 2006

<snip>

> Another side issue... the Cisco phones have no way to "remove" the
> installed firmware. Therefore, there is no way to legally sell a used
> Cisco phone, period.

As a non Cisco user this whole discussion is enough to steer me away
from there VOIP products for good.  I hate the idea that you need
special permission from them to use hardware you bought legally.

You bought it you own it, perhaps there should be some sort of open
sourced firmware project for these phones?

Dunno,  but I hate whoever though up this approach.

Marty