[asterisk-users] What's the story with X10*P FXO cards?

Vincent Delporte udc91pk02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jul 9 01:22:27 MST 2006

Hi

	It looks like the X101P clones I bought from eBay are dogs, so I'll look
into buying some FXO-SIP box instead. Hopefully, I won't have the same
problems with static, or caller ID and call termination not being detected.

Still, considering the number of people having similar problems with those
cards, I was wondering what the problem is. Is it because the hardware, no
matter what is advertised, is actually not identical from card to card so
the zaptel driver doesn't work reliably unless they are among the few
remaining authentic cards made by Digium before it stopped manufacturing
them? Because they're actually voice softmodems, and hence, very sensitive
to the  computers in which they're installed (voltage on the PCI slot,
sharing IRQ's, etc.)? Other reasons?

Thank you
VD.