[Asterisk-Users] vserver (Debian) - no tty: howto use /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk with "-c" for color CLI?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jul 8 08:18:36 MST 2006

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 04:10:54PM +0200, Robert Michel wrote:
> Salve Tzafrir!
>
> On Sat, 08 Jul 2006, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > Right. Don't use safe_asterisk . asterisk daemonises just fine on its
> > own. asterisk -r gives you a nice console. If you want a complete trace,
> > you have the logs at your disposal: take a visit at logger.conf.
>
> AFAIK will safe_asterik restart automaticaly asteriks when asterik will crash.
> Wrong?
>
> > You've just added quite a few more points of failure to Asterisk and
> > complicated thinhgs even further.
>
> Well, I must agree - that's the wrong way.
> When I and other test that patch and it is working,
> will it become part of standard asterisk?

Are colors that important to you? It shouldn't be complicated to get it
working. I'll have a look.

> > Why bother using safe_sterisk?
>
> Has been safe_asterik sinificant reason for trouble?
> (Sorry when I'm new and missed discussion about it)

Extra layer of complication. And a non-optimal handling of errors. It
can just too easily get asterisk into a loop where it remains
non-functional but impossible to kill with standard scripts.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com