[asterisk-users] CallerID in UK on TalkTalk - different to BT?

Angus Comber angus at iteloffice.com
Sat Jul 8 02:59:49 MST 2006

Hello

I had an Asterisk installation working fine for CallerID on BT analog lines
using a Digium analog 4 port card.  However, user switched to TalkTalk
without telling me and CallerID no longer works.  However, if you connect a
UK CallerID capable phone into one of these analog lines directly you do see
the CallerID.

Does anyone know how to tweak the settings for Talk Talk.  Talk Talk have
basically taken over the line rental - and they supply everything including
the CLIP (CallerID) service now.

Just to be clear CallerID was working fine before when line rental supplied
by BT.

Some of zapata.conf:
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23   ; added for UK CLI detection
cidstart=polarity   ; added for UK CLI detection

Angus