[asterisk-users] intel vs amd motherboards

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jul 7 15:56:03 MST 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 09:15:35AM -0700, shadowym wrote:
> I do know that the P4 core has a much longer pipeline (20 instructions?)
> than the AMD.  That is not good for a real time application and that is one
> of the reasons AMD cpu's are able to do more with less clock cycles.

Cool! The AMD CPU will finish performing an instructions a whole 5
nanoseconds before the Intel CPU!

When a code is well-written (usually it mean: written by a good
compiler) the pipeline delays won't add too much.

In other words: this is a nice argument, but until it is backed up by
hard data, it practically means nothing.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com