[asterisk-users] Test E1 channel

Ralph Liebessohn ralphliebessohn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 11:00:28 MST 2006

On 7/7/06, James Hawks <james.hawks at customerfunding.com> wrote:

>  When you dial directly you are bypassing the zap and just dialing an
> internal extension. So that is probably why dialing directly works. As far
> as the cross over cable between ports 1 and 2 I have never attempted
> something like that before.
>

> James Hawks

The part of crossover is just to simulate a E1 channel. The another end of
cable is another port of your E1 card. Some specifications of E1 and
crossover E1 cables are here:
http://www.hal-pc.org/~ascend/Max/max6000/gs/cables.htm
http://www.alliancesystems.com/Products/CablesCategory.aspx?id=4

I didn't find the exactly site I got the specification.
When I dial 5556662 into my E1 interface it should ring on channel 5556662
on the other end right? Using a crossover, the other end still being my
asterisk.

--
Ralph Liebessohn
ICQ: 74835911