[asterisk-users] OT: Sipura SPA-3000 ATA Directing Calls toAsterisk

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Jul 7 07:33:26 MST 2006

Actually, it seems vastly more complicated than that. You need to create a user under the 'PSTN Tab'. This becomes the From: user. You then also need to configure a user under the 'Line 1' tab. However, this user doesn't actually get used, because under the 'User 1' tab you need to set 'Cfwd All Dest' to forward all calls to the extension on Asterisk you want to dial. If you leave this 'Cfwd All Dest' field empty, then you just get a dial tone, and it waits for a number to dial. HOWEVER, eventhough the user under the 'Line 1' tab never gets used, the 'Proxy' field still needs to have a valid host name, (foobar doesn't work) or it won't send calls to that Asterisk box.

Why is it this difficult?