[asterisk-users] Tadiran Coral IP PBX to Asterisk

Bill Gibbs bgibbs at edurotech.com
Thu Jul 6 15:38:29 MST 2006

Goal - to get the CoralIP PBX long distance savings by sending it to
Asterisk (which then talks via SIP to other long distance voip
providers)

The Coral IP supports MGCP and so does Asterisk.  Has anyone tried
sending calls from the Coral PBX to Asterisk via MGCP?  I will be
playing around with that this weekend but thought I'd ask.

The other way I was thinking was doing a back to back PRI, utilizing a
Digium TE110P.  If I understand that process correctly, using back to
back PRI cards (one in the Tadiran and one in the Asterisk server) we
can basically open a digital trunk to send (and accept) the calls.

Any suggestions on integrating a non SIP (but VOIP) style PBX to
Asterisk other than what I outlined above?

Bill