[asterisk-users] Phones cutting out.....again - PLEASE HELP!! !

whois wes whoiswes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:05:52 MST 2006

Colin,

Very good points, and you are right, I need to start tracking what has
been done.

A bit of history - this server was very unstable when running Digium
hardware - every day or two, it would kernel panic and lock up,
requiring a manual reboot.  The other servers had issues as well, and
ALL of the stability problems were solved when we moved to Sangoma
cards about 6 weeks ago...this problem started a few weeks after that
migration.

On point #3, you mention a few things - we have NEVER gotten zttest to
show 100% on ANY of our boxes, which is one reason we migrated from
Digium to Sangoma.  For a while, we did try running a third party NIC
in the box to help with the stability issues.  Once we moved to
Sangoma, we went back to the onboard, and when we started having audio
issues, we did try putting the third party NIC back in, to no avail.

In regards to eyebeam, the rest of our company is using it as well.
We're a call center, and our reps are actually more productive with
the softphone than with the hardphones (we've tried both).  The sister
division of our remote location is set up almost identically in terms
of dialplan, T1 config, desktop software package, softphone, etc, and
they have ZERO issues.  The two divisions are literally mirrors of one
another, and the only difference between the two is that one office is
remote.

We also have hardphones in use by the managers at the remote location,
and they also experience the issue.

I do see what you're saying, though, about it possibly being two
smaller issues...I hope it's not, though - that much harder to pin
down.

Thanks